You will be charmed by the diversity of the landscapes which are offered to you by the 3 regions close to our house : the Dombes and its thousand dams, the Saone valley and its fields cultivated as far as the eye can see, and the Beaujolais and Maconnais hills.
The area offers many touristic activities :
- Park of the Birds, the most important tourist attraction of Ain, in Villars-les-Dombes
- Museum of the miniature train, in Châtillon-on-Chalaronne
- Living museum of the aquatic plant, in St-Didier-on-Chalaronne
- Touroparc zoological park(700 animals - 140 species), in Romanèche-Thorins
- Hameau Duboeuf, the 1st park for the vine and the wine, unique in Europe, in Romanèche-Thorins
- Museum of prehistory and botanical garden, in Solutré
- Cruising and dining on the Saone river
- Hiking and biking in the Dombes, in the Saone valley and in the Beaujolais.
- Wine Route of the great Beaujolais wines
Our area is also rich of history, with many castles and famous villages such as the medieval city of Pérouges, Châtillon-on-Chalaronne and Trévoux, the historical capital of the Dombes...